Tuesday, July 31, 2012

Sonsie, Newbury Street, Boston

Sonsie, in my opinion, is one of the "cutest" restaurants on Newbury Street. Often frequented by Ben Affleck and other celebrities, Sonsie has a good selection of international food and amazing service. The cafe section faces the street and offers a true European dining experience. I have always been a fan of the thin-crust pizzas. On my most recent visit, I started with the Olives dish (warm assorted, flageolet puree, rosemary, citrus, grilled flat bread) and the Spinach salad (Fuji apple, aged cheddar, golden raisins, sunflower seeds, poppy seed dressing). The latter was splendid! For main, I had the Mushroom brick-oven pizza, containing caramelized onion, mozzarella and brie cheese. It was slightly on the sweeter side, but still good. We ventured elsewhere for dessert, but I have heard the bread pudding is delicious!

No comments:

Post a Comment